Thursday, March 22, 2012

Is there a Doctor in the Soap, errr TARDIS?

Last weekend I spent a few hours handcrafting my very own TARDIS, but made out of soap, not wood.

I bought a large block of $16 soap for 50% off, plus blue colouring, and a rectangular mold, which also happened to be blue.

I melted the soap in the microwave, then poured it into the mold.

I let it sit for about an hour then popped it out.

I did one more pouring to a shallow depth and let set.

When I was ready to assemble, I grabbed the toothpicks and sliced, diced and chopped until I had a reasonable assemblage of a time machine.

I melted a bit more soap, added red and cut out a light for the top.

Now that it’s complete, I’m not certain I would do the assembly method again. Perhaps I will make my own TARDIS mold and pour directly into it.

Here’s the photo of my wonderful TARDIS! Now what do I do with it? Do I use it? Do I save it? Put it outside to slowly melt away?


No comments:

Post a Comment